My Pursuit for the Santorini in Asia

My Pursuit for the Santorini in Asia

There are days when you wonder what it’s like to be with the Gods. I want to attain a certain ethereal feeling but paradoxically I don’t want to die. I don’t want to leave this planet. No, not yet! Instead of inhaling solvents and feel as light as a feather, (which I may have done if I never learned how to draw many years ago) I prefer to breathe the divinity of air. Hence I travel to places.

groundbreaking

My most recent trip was in Thunder Bird Poro Point in San Fernando La Union. It’s a 5-6 hours drive from Manila and 3-4 km away from the San Fernando Airport. My reason for being there is because they invited me along with other bloggers and traditional media to witness the groundbreaking for their additional 47 villas, as they vouch for being the “Santorini of Asia”. Aside from this, they have also opened two new food outlets – an Asian-Mediterranean restaurant, Ouzo Restaurant, and deli Pianosa Café. 

#JOTG

Their expansion plan includes a Zen garden with a huge pond, a semi-Olympic size infinity pool, a romantic park and more amenities that promises a sure Santorini experience, all these, by the end of September this year.

My Pursuit for the Santorini in Asia

My Pursuit for the Santorini in Asia
the tower plus the west Ph sea
My Pursuit for the Santorini in Asia
aaaggghhh...it's trying to provoke me!
My Pursuit for the Santorini in Asia
window view
While everything is still a plan, we managed to stay overnight and get the first taste of Santorini in Asia. One I always look forward to traveling, experiencing things for the first time, like a virgin. Charot! Kidding aside, seeing the West Philippine Sea feels like saying hello to my creator. It looks empty, dark, but beautiful. It gives you a sense of fear yet you badly want to inhale its breeze – energizing, enigmatic.


My Pursuit for the Santorini in Asia
The color killed me so I took a shot
My Pursuit for the Santorini in Asia
Messy bed means...never mind.
I managed to stay alone in a deluxe room that is ideally for 4 persons. Funny thing is that I feel so at home I watched horror movies just to kill time. The room is complete with everything you need from wifi access to television, DVD player (heck), LAN port (yeah I need that), safety box, what else?


Thunderbird Resort Poro point is a 65-hectare land that you need to explore for more than a day or two. There are a lot of areas that will make you want to just sit and chill, forget about the world and dream. It’s a place to get inspired and a place to be when you are in the North of Luzon.

APRUB!

#JOTG



PS. The Sunset is to die for! 

Do you agree with this post? Have you been to Thunderbird Poro Point before? Comment your thoughts below. 

More Photos here:


Japhet

1 comment:

  1. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I will definitely be back. facebook.com login

    ReplyDelete

Instagram